Here is a set of answers to the frequently asked questions.
1) Where can I find jobs, other than high-tech ones, in Ottawa?OttHtJobs looks for all jobs within high-tech companies, even non-high-tech jobs such as administrative positions.
OttHtJobs also looks for IT jobs in non-high-tech companies, but will not look for other job categories therein.
OttHtJobs is not aware of similar services catering specifically to other job categories.
2) Is there a similar service for other locations such as Toronto, Montreal, etc.?Peter's New Jobs runs a similar service for Ottawa and Toronto. It has a modest fee.
OttHtJobs is not aware of such services elsewhere.
3) How are the daily emails produced?Look at a summary of our new jobs procedure.
4) How do I track down an opportunity I saw sometime last week?Search the archives.
5) Messages are truncated to 64k!The daily emails look small, but have enormous XML overhead courtesy of Microsoft. The best way to receive emails is in "Individual Email" mode rather than by daily digest, or by checking the site from time to time. You can change your settings here.
6) How do I get more information on a particular company?OttHtJobs does not maintain any information about listed companies. You can click on the specific job link and then investigate the company's site for more information. You may need to shorten the link (URL) to simply http://www.CompanyName.com/ and leave out anything following the first single slash ("/").
If you want more personal (and less corporate) information, post a questions to any of the following groups:
7) Can you provide a summary/count of the different job types?This is a future enhancement.
8) Why don't you allow other groups to subscribe?It is very important for the survival of the OttHtJobs group to know the numbers of subscribers. This number is reduced when subscribers are members of another group. I may advertise, from time to time in other groups, but registrations must be by direct individuals.
For the same reason, I do not cross-post to other groups.
I do, however, encourage you to forward a daily email to anyone you think may be interested in becoming a subscriber.
9) Where can I post my resume/CV?The OttHtJobs service is extremely focused on supplying you with new jobs daily. However, it is not a general career service. We have no use for resumes. These are better posted at
Copyright © 2003-2006 David Pierre Leibovitz. All rights reserved.